Senior Financial Analyst
U.S. Energy is seeking a bright, creative and hard-working senior finance associate that will take a key role in the A&D team on due diligence, research, financial modeling, valuation and overall execution of investment opportunities. This is an opportunity for an extraordinary performer who demonstrates excellent research and analytical skills through academic work, investing, and work experience
- Lead the finance group in performing detailed due diligence of acquisition targets
- Perform transactional due diligence regarding market, industry and target research to enable data-driven decision making
- Own end-to-end acquisition process
- Build complex financial models to analyze investment returns and conduct various analyses to analyze potential oil and gas acquisitions
- Draft internal memoranda and investment committee materials, including presentation decks
- Assist in coordination of integration management of acquired targets
- Track and report performance of closed acquisitions
- Aid with other strategic initiatives as directed by management
- Create weekly, monthly standard reports to be circulated to management
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Upstream oil and gas finance experience required
- Ability to analyze a broad spectrum of asset classes including oil and gas wells, pipelines, PDP assets, and all other oil and gas related assets
- Outstanding analytical, quantitative and modeling skills, including ability to quickly and accurately construct models
- 4-7 years of relevant work experience in investment banking, private equity or a similar field with completed full deal cycle.
- Demonstrated proficiency with financial statement analysis, financial modeling, valuation methodologies and research techniques.
- Significant transactional experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Education: Bachelors degree in Finance required, MBA preferred
U.S. Energy Development Corporation is among a unique group of established independent oil & gas companies within North America. Since the early 2000’s, the company has deployed more than $1.1 billion in investor capital and has invested, operated, and/or drilled more than 2,300 wells throughout 13 states and Canada.
Qualified candidates please send resume to: email@example.com