Land Tech / Administrator
The primary role is to assist the Land Administration Manager. Functions will include maintaining Lease Records, Division Orders, and Contracts, along with the responsibility of processing payments associated with lease and contract obligations.
LEASE AND CONTRACT ANALYSIS
- Possess and demonstrate a working knowledge of oil and gas leases, contracts, and title opinions
- Analyze and input leases, rights-of-way, contracts and division order data into the Land software system
- Maintain quality data and accurate reporting.
- Audit lease and contract data entered in the Land Software system by field personnel for accuracy.
- Monitor monthly payments, obligations and expirations
- Assist in generating periodic reports
- Working knowledge of county requirements for recording instruments
TITLE AND DIVISION ORDER ANALYSIS
- Possess and demonstrate knowledge of oil and gas titles and division orders.
- Prepare accurate Division of Interest decks on new or acquired wells, and also process ownership transfers and changes.
- Process owner inquiries and maintain ongoing record of contacts with interest owners.
- Ability to research unclaimed/undeliverable payments
- Manage land records system, ensuring that the physical and electronic land files are effectively organized, updated and integrated for company-wide availability.
- Ability to update, scan, and link documents in Land software system
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multitask.
- Written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with personnel across various disciplines and levels of the organization.
- Problem solving, analytical and decision making skills.
- Ability to serve as the network administrator for the Land Software system.
- Ability to work in and promote a team environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College Degree preferred
- 3+ years of industry experience