Geologist: Senior Development
U.S Energy Development Corporation—a 40 years old energy company located in Arlington Texas, is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Senior Geologist for a direct hire opportunity. The incumbent can look forward to working on multi-disciplined assignment within the USE Geosciences group and will be responsible for both prospect and regional level geological interpretation. Additional responsibilities include industry deal screening, M&A evaluation, A&D evaluation, and prospect generation in company focus areas. The individual will be required to handle multiple geological projects in various basins and perform high quality, integrated project evaluations in a timely manner. US Energy is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects.
- Candidate will be responsible for all the geological aspects of prospect evaluations, subsurface/formation evaluations, well planning, and relevant drilling & completions activities.
- Thorough understanding of the Permian/Delaware Basin and Eagle Ford, unconventional resource attributes and horizontal well development is essential.
- Responsible for the mapping and interpretation of existing assets in the Permian and Eagle Ford to maximize development of existing acreage.
- Identification of primary drilling target and target window definition for each proposed well.
- Oversight and coordination of third-party geo-steering.
- Collaborate with Reservoir & Production engineers in well planning
- Candidate will be the responsible geologist during drilling operations.
- Monitor day-to-day drilling operations of the rigs
- Provide geologic prognosis and well logging programs, along with analysis and mitigating of potential geohazards.
- Identification of bolt-on acreage and acquisition opportunities to grow existing areas of development.
- Interpret and/or generate appropriate maps utilizing subsurface and/or seismic data for project evaluation.
- Screen and evaluate industry generated prospects, as well as potential acquisition and divestiture opportunities.
- Review and assess competitor activity in corporate areas of interest.
- Ability to prepare and effectively communicate technical information and recommendations to management.
- Oversee and mentor staff geologist.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- M.S. in Geology preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in E&P.
- Experience in multiple basins, particularly in resource plays. Permian and/or Eagle Ford experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including Petra or an equivalent geological interpretation program.
Self-motivated individual with ability to manage a substantial workload.
Able to work independently as well as effectively in a multi-discipline team setting.
Candidate must be a driven individual motivated to succeed.
Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines, sometimes for extended periods of time.
Ability to multi-task and manage several on-going projects at the same time.
Energetic, self-motivated, hardworking and detail-oriented.